At Webster, we take pride in maintaining a safe, calm, and nurturing learning environment for every one of our students. We accomplish this by implementing a comprehensive pro-active School Wide Positive Behavior Support (SWPBS) program, as well as a strong approach to discipline. We provide the support middle school students need in order to learn age appropriate behaviors. Aspects of our SWPBS program include:
- Teaching behavior expectations
- Behavior assemblies and rallies
- Implementation of anti-bullying programs (Roads to Respect)
- Caught Following the Webster Way! Program (Reinforcement of desired student behaviors)
- Student of the Month awards
- Distinguished Honor Roll/Honor Roll/Honorable Mention Roll (all students with C's or better are recognized and celebrated)
- All School Meeting (community building, student led assemblies)
- Restorative Justice practices
- Support from Communities in School, Los Angeles Team Mentoring & Team Primetime
- A full time Dean of Student Discipline
- A full time Healthy Start Navigator
- A school psychologist on site 3 days a week
- Regular Coordination of Student Services Team meetings
- Regular Student Success Team Meetings
At the heart of our SWPBS program are the principles of the Webster Way!
- Be Safe!
- Be Prepared!
- Be Responsible!
We are committed to:
- Establishing regular, predictable, positive learning and teaching environments.
- Training adults and peers to serve as positive models.
- Teaching and modeling behavioral expectations.
- Creating systems for providing regular positive feedback. Acknowledging students when they are doing the right thing.
- Improving social competence.
- Develop environments that support academic success.